News of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Pittsburgh area, counsel from its leaders, and reflections from its members.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Welcome to the Historian's Corner!


Hello, friends. My name is Rush David, and I am the Stake Historian for the Pittsburgh Stake. As part of my calling, I have been asked to contribute one post per month to this blog regarding the history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints here in southwestern Pennsylvania.

Initially, most of my posts will feature stories and pictures that first appeared in From These Hills and Valleys, a book about the history of the Church in this area that was published in 1986 as part of the centennial celebration of the Church’s presence here. I have only been Stake Historian for six months, so I have not accumulated a great deal of information concerning the Church’s local history. In time, however, I intend to present more recent historical information about the Church in this area.

My goal in doing all of this is to help you get a better sense of where the Church has come from, how it has gotten to where it is now, and where it may conceivably be going in the future. I am grateful for all of you who will be coming with me on this journey through the history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints here in southwestern Pennsylvania.

Until next time . . .

Respectfully submitted,

Rush David
Pittsburgh Stake Historian

No comments:

Post a Comment